October 26, 2010 Leave a comment
The Fifth Seal (Revelation 6:9-11)
What should we think about martyrdom?
- I want the reward of martyrdom, but I don’t want to miss the action on earth.
- Christians have no fear of death (Hebrews 2:14-15)
- God gives the “martyr’s grace” to those so chosen.
- There will be a company who walk in Psalm 91 protection (Daniel 3:18).
- Martyrs experience what we all pledge. Jesus explains the cost of discipleship up front (Matthew 16:24-25).
The souls of martyrs are under the altar in heaven (Revelation 6:9).
- There lives were poured out like drink offerings (Philippians 2:14-17; 2 Timothy 4:6-8).
- Why would they want their blood avenged? They want justice to come to the earth. They are interceding for God’s kingdom to come (Revelation 6:10).
- What will happen after their time of rest (Revelation 6:11)?
- judgment (Revelation 6:10)
- reigning (Revelation 20:4)
Where on the timeline should we place the fifth seal?
- It must come before the Great Tribulation (Revelation 6:10-11).
- It is likely that their cries trigger a response, placing it sometime before the Antichrist begins his reign of terror, mid-week.
This is a summary of a message brought at Christ the King Church on October 17, 2010. The complete audio is available here: