November 22, 2010 Leave a comment
1. The heavens are cleansed as Satan is cast down to the earth. This is future, not his original fall described in 12:4.
2. Jesus foresaw Satan being cast from heaven to earth (Luke 10:17-19).
3. Just as the disciples were involved in undermining Satan’s kingdom, the church will also be involved in Satan’s coming downfall.
1. Satan will no longer be the “accuser”, using trickery, shrewdness, and appeals. He will not be able to claim to be a victim of injustice, jealous over the fact that man gets second chances when he gets none.
2. Satan will be full of rage as he tries to do by force what he has not been able to do by craftiness. He will now be exposed as the true rebel that he is.
3. Jesus said that the casting out of demons was, in principle, the coming of the kingdom of God (Matt 12:22:29). In Revelation 12 Satan is cast out of the heavens, a sign that the kingdom of God has come.
(12:11) 3 victories for the church over Satan
Stage 1: in our own lives, to varying degree in the lives of others
Stage 2: casting Satan out of heavens by force (Eph 6:12)
Stage 3: not yielding to him after he is cast to the earth in a rage
- This is only after we pass stage 2.
- During this period of great tribulation, the church will experience an open heaven, with great power, authority, and harvest, strengthening the new converts through prayer and nurturing (Song 8:8).
This is a summary of a message brought at Christ the King Church on November 21, 2010. The complete audio is available here: